Friday, March 30, 2012

Index tuning

Hi all,
I created load file (with few test queries) via Profiler and then I tried to
run tuning wizard. Wizards gave message "Workload does not contain any
events or queries that can be tuned against current database ..."
It's strange because load file contains events with queries and this queries
were run over current database (I also set filter condition for database
name to be sure ...)..
Any ideas what am I doing wrong ?
Regards,
Jan
Jan Hruz wrote:
> Hi all,
> I created load file (with few test queries) via Profiler and then I
> tried to run tuning wizard. Wizards gave message "Workload does not
> contain any events or queries that can be tuned against current
> database ..." It's strange because load file contains events with
> queries and this
> queries were run over current database (I also set filter condition
> for database name to be sure ...)..
> Any ideas what am I doing wrong ?
> Regards,
> Jan
I think the ITW requires SQL:BatchCompleted and RPC:Completed events
with the necessary columns. Please post the events and columns that were
captured as well as any filters you used during the trace.
David Gugick
Imceda Software
www.imceda.com
|||I used ProfilerTuning template. it is setup to trace events :
- RPC:Completed
- SQL:BatchCompleted
and data columns :
- EventClass
- TextData
- Duration
- BinaryData
- SPID
I added new filted condition (to track only my requests):
- DBUserName
- DatabaseName
Regards,
Jan
"David Gugick" <davidg-nospam@.imceda.com> wrote in message
news:O604jpHRFHA.3288@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Jan Hruz wrote:
> I think the ITW requires SQL:BatchCompleted and RPC:Completed events with
> the necessary columns. Please post the events and columns that were
> captured as well as any filters you used during the trace.
> --
> David Gugick
> Imceda Software
> www.imceda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment