Wednesday, March 28, 2012

index replication from DB2

Has any body done a replication of indexes or Primary keys from DB2 to SQL 2005 tables. Is that possible and how pls?

Thank you very much.

I believe by default primary keys are replicated. Is it not working for you?

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152492.aspx

Gary

|||

is that stated in the msdn document u sent me?

or does it say so in any other document, so I can show it to the person who said it s not possible<

Thanks a lot for your help.

|||

If you take a look at sp_addarticle at its @.schema_option, there is option to set for primary key constraint.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173857.aspx

If you look at the default schema option for all the log based article type 0x80 are enabled for all of them. I think this article is the closest I can think of. I'm pretty sure, it's on by default.

Also a quick test probably won't hurt, just create a simple table with two integer columns and make the first column the primary key, then replicate to db2. Seeing is believing :-)


Gary

|||actually we re replicating from DB2 to SQL and not the other way? is it the same?
sorry but i never done replication before. Thanks again for your help
|||

I misread your posting... I think that's the question for DB2 Replication forum.


Regards,

Gary

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment