Friday, March 30, 2012

Index tables in database

I have several development SQL Server 2000 databases that
need to index and I would like to know criteria's for
reindexing tables and frequencies.
Please help me resolve this issue.
Thank You,
DeanIt's hard without specifics, but you need to know your
application and data usage to come up with your optimal
indexing scheme. That's the rule you have to follow.
Beyond that, it's all specific to your environment.
>--Original Message--
>I have several development SQL Server 2000 databases that
>need to index and I would like to know criteria's for
>reindexing tables and frequencies.
>Please help me resolve this issue.
>Thank You,
>Dean
>.
>|||You can look for statement DBCC SHOWCONTIG.
Ronald
"Dean" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:035c01c3afa7$025ca0d0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> I have several development SQL Server 2000 databases that
> need to index and I would like to know criteria's for
> reindexing tables and frequencies.
> Please help me resolve this issue.
> Thank You,
> Dean|||You can utilize the "Index Tuning Wizard", located in the toolbar of SQL Server as "Run a wizard". To carry out this task need some querys that force the database and tables, this tool helped yourself to determine the criteria to create, modify and to erase index. This is a begin .... you need more information
Tinokio(H2
MCDBA

No comments:

Post a Comment