Friday, March 30, 2012

Index tuning wiward, 98% improvement

When I used the index tuning wizard to analysis MSDE. It came up with a
recommendation says that:
If you choose to implement the recommended changes, you should see the
following improvement: 98% improvement in performance based on the sampled
workload!
What is the meaning of 98%? it means I will get 2% (100-98) better
performance, or I really twice better performance' Should I implement it?
regards,
Guoqi Zheng
http://www.ureader.com> What is the meaning of 98%? it means I will get 2% (100-98) better
> performance, or I really twice better performance'
It means based upon the sample you gave it, implementing these changes will
result on a performance increase of

>Should I implement it?
Officially yes of course you should no questions asked, yes, yes, yes and
yes again.
Unoffically and I am not writing this my evil twin brother is, if the speed
of the system has not been commented upon then you may want to delay it unti
l
it is commented on, that way you have some working room :D
Peter
"guoqi zheng" wrote:

> When I used the index tuning wizard to analysis MSDE. It came up with a
> recommendation says that:
> If you choose to implement the recommended changes, you should see the
> following improvement: 98% improvement in performance based on the sampled
> workload!
> What is the meaning of 98%? it means I will get 2% (100-98) better
> performance, or I really twice better performance' Should I implement it?
> regards,
> Guoqi Zheng
> http://www.ureader.com
>

No comments:

Post a Comment